Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day Poker

I usually don't play ring in the mornings. I have always felt that it's a rock garden and not worth trying.

This morning my buddy T talked me into a .25/.50 short handed limit table.

This table was ANYTHING BUT TIGHT. The people were maniacs. They played their mediocre/awful hands like they were the nuts.

Check these hands out:

This straight board scared me to death but I had to call.

This guy was bluffing damn near every hand. I called on the river but I had to think really hard about it. I was shocked when my hand was good.

And yet another nasty nasty board for a big hand. He got very aggressive when the 9 hit on the turn but again you pretty much have to call down these maniacs.

T is such a horrible influence on me.

After cleaning up on the ring table she enticed me to play a turbo Tier. I haven't played a Tier in ages. Once people figured out how to play them real tight they weren't worth playing. Not to mention I suffered a horrible suckout in the last one I played.

The first playable hand I get is KK . We got it all in pre flop. Here are the results.

Surely this is an omen? It was, I bubbled.

Looks like we're off to a regular Tier now. Wish me luck!

P.S. Ok, done with Tiers:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

help me out on that last line of chat...something seems to occluded one of the words...I can't quite make it out.

gadzooks64 said...

Yeah, sure...

It's aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, my eyes, my eyes!

They're burninnnnnnnnnnnng!