Sunday, February 11, 2007

Oooops!

Ok, this first hand I totally meant to fold. I hit F1, I'm sure of it. Regardless, I ended up calling. I flopped a double gutter and just had to see if I could hit it. This was one of my first few hands at this table. I didn't know at the time that this player WAS PLAYING EVERY DAMN HAND. Not only that, he was cold calling 3 bets preflop as you will see.

Yeah, I managed to suck out magnificently. But that damn river didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I still took it down and managed to get the exact opposite image I usually try to achieve.

Now I pick up a real hand. Who calls me? Why it's our new best friend, Boiler, WHO CAN'T RESIST PLAYING EVERY DAMN HAND. I think I'm in looooove. He called me all the way to river then folded.


Now this hand does give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

You'll soon see why.

The Lady Killers 10474919-188569 Holdem Limit $1/$2
Hand Start.
Seat 2 : boiler6 has $44.25
Seat 3 : ZetaBit has $62
Seat 4 : dickb47 has $107.50
Seat 5 : Mr Delight has $56.50
Seat 6 : flipperflop has $21.25
Seat 7 : FTR4 has $32.50
Seat 8 : gadzooks64 has $65
Seat 9 : Knol1976 has $91
boiler6 is the dealer.
dickb47 posted small blind.
Mr Delight posted big blind.
Game [188569] started with 7 players.
Dealing Hole Cards.
Seat 8 : gadzooks64 has Js Ad
flipperflop folded.
FTR4 folded.
gadzooks64 called $1 and raised $1 I'll open raise with this.
Knol1976 called $2 and raised $1 Ewww.
boiler6 called $3 Huh?
dickb47 folded.
Mr Delight folded.
gadzooks64 called $1 I gotta see a flop
Dealing flop.
Board cards [Jh Ah Ac] HO MY GAWD
gadzooks64 checked. Yes, I will check raise my nuts.
Knol1976 checked.
boiler6 bet $1
gadzooks64 called $1 and raised $1 See, I did it.
Knol1976 folded.
boiler6 called $1 I'm in loooooove.
Dealing turn.
Board cards [Jh Ah Ac 3s]
gadzooks64 bet $2
boiler6 called $2
Dealing river.
Board cards [Jh Ah Ac 3s 9h]
gadzooks64 bet $2
boiler6 called $2 and raised $2
gadzooks64 called $2 and raised $2
boiler6 called $2 and raised $2
gadzooks64 called $2
Showdown!
Seat 8 : gadzooks64 has Js Ad
Seat 2 : boiler6 has Qh 2h I'm sooooo in love.
boiler6 has Flush AQJ92
Seat 8 : gadzooks64 has Js Ad
gadzooks64 has Full House : Aces full of Jacks



Now, this is not a license to hunt down and bankrupt my new favorite fish.

Don't do it.

I will hurt you.

Don't make me hurt you.

Personal note #1: Back in my NLHE days on FTP I ran into a player that just couldn't help but hand me his money. I wonder now if it's purely coincidence that his screenname was boiler131?

Personal note #2: The other half has B.S., M.S. & Ph.D. from Purdue.

2 comments:

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Ever just replay a hand like that in PT just for the fun of watching yourself take it down again? In slo-mo? And perhaps delivering finger-pointing-taunting-gestures screenward? BOO-YA!

Here's hopin' Boiler has found a way to reload.

gadzooks64 said...

Hahahah!

He wasn't broke when I left him but surely he is by now!

I love the PT replayer - especially for replaying OTHER PLAYER'S HANDS. Some good information in there.

I really like FTP's graphic hand history. I wish that PH had one, too. PH's written histories are gross as well. I guess it's all what you get used to and I was horribly spoiled by FTP.