Monday, November 27, 2006

Xmas Shopping

You know what I hate about Xmas shopping?

IT'S NEVER DONE!

Yes, you heard me. Even when you think you're done, YOU'RE NOT.

There's always one teacher/relative/friend/cousin you forgot.

The kids' cousins picked names from a hat for an Xmas gift exchange while they were here for Thanksgiving. Something I neglected to recall from years past.

Additionally, I neglected to get my inlaws anything. Sigh.

My MIL told me what she wants. Been there, got that.

I suggested a digital picture frame to my FIL a few days back and was poo-pooed. I just don't think he realized what I was talking about. The man takes a brazillian digital pictures every year and religiously gets each and every one made into a hard copy. I'm hoping that the digital picture frame I'm buying him for Xmas - YES I AM GETTING IT ANYWAY - will convince him to quit needlessly wasting precious trees. It won't but it's worth a try anyway. Besides, I would have absolutely no clue what to get the man other than a book or a shirt and he's got plenty of both.

P.S. Hubby is getting a digital picture frame, too, becuase I think they are cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like zooks is getting a digital picture frame for Christmas.

Nice strategy, simple, nearly foolproof...until you realize that your hubby got you an electric saw for Christmas.

gadzooks64 said...

Hahahhahah!

Actually, I'm getting braces for Xmas this year!

I feel like I've hit puberty AGAIN!

Zits, lasix, braces... sigh.

Anonymous said...

Rin Tin Grin

Oh, and that puberty feeling -- you may want to take notes so that DTM will have a baseline to compare against when he hits it.

Kate said...

Ya know, there is a solution to your problem... don't TRY and shop for Christmas before December. Then you're done by default ("Oh, look, it's Christmas Eve.") rather than running the risk of feeling down and then feeling let-down.

Avoid perfection through procrastination, I say!