Sunday, November 26, 2006

Good News

I returned yet one more time to the store we bought our TV from and asked to speak to the manager.

After explaining for the nth time to the nth clerk that I wanted to get a price match for my now on sale TV, I finally got to speak to the Manager.

By "Manager" I mean 20-something employee with the "power" to give in to my demands.

I calmly explained that I showed up at the store at the pre-crack-of-dawn to get my price adjustment only to be told by the sign in the entry that no price adjustments would be done before noon.

I returned after noon only to be told that:

a) they were not price matching this ad

b) the only way to get the lower price was to buy one at the sale price and return it with the reciept from my original purchase

c) they were sold out of the TV

d) I could put in a special order for the TV but I would have pay for it now and hope that it came in before the 30 days return period for the first one expired.

After some discussion followed by a long period of silence he asked me for my phone number. Moments later he slid a reciept at me and said, "Sign here."

Let's just say I left much much happier and $540 richer than I was when I arrived.

I pwn Circuit City.

2 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

Yeah, I've alwasy been leery of those free with purchase of ____ deals.

The computer ones come to mind first. Didn't really know they did that with TVs.

Our Digital Cable provider's contract with the local Fox station is expiring soon and they aren't coming to any kind of agreement. While the contract is under negotiation the channel keeps trailing ads for DirecTV.

Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Kate said...

I love successful tantrums. Congratulations!