Monday, November 17, 2008

Black Friday

I'm a shopper.

Yeah, I know.  Go ahead and laugh.  Get it out of your system.  Har har har.  Zooks is a shopper.  Who knew?

Ok, it's time for me to qualify that statement.  I'm a lazy shopper.  I do a vast majority of my shopping online.  Some things I have to see up close and in person before I buy but most I don't.

Black Friday is my nemisis.  That elusive "fabulous deal" that can't be had online.  Granted there is Internet Monday but these aren't the same deals that I pour over in my newspaper on Thanksgiving day.

I'm not much of a morning person.  There I said it.  I despise, absolutely abhor, the idea of getting up in the middle of the night to go stand in line with all those other desperate shoppers trying to score that fantastic deal.  Yet, that's the plan. 

I'm committed to hitting up one of my favorites stores at some ridiculously early hour.  All this to score that one elusive gift.  Did I mention I have to be there at an hour I haven't seen since my hard core partying days?  Or the cold?  Did I mention the frigid cold?

So, anybody want to meet me for breakfast next Friday?  I'll buy... if you stand in line with me.  There's no such thing as a free breakfast in Zooks' world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the state of the economy, black friday might turn out to be greyish in several ways.

OhCaptain said...

If I have to wait in line, I like to scout out the stores that have open wi-fi near them...yes, I'm just that sick.

Unknown said...

Those lines are fantastic people watching (aka blog material) opportunities. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

I'll stand in line with you if you play in my poker game that day.