Friday, November 23, 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaaaack!

So much to do and so little time and yet here I am blogging. WTF am I thinking?

I already ran to the store for last minute items and picked up the turkey. It's in the oven but I still need to pick up the house and make my two side dishes. The Other Half already prepared his item.

I need to get my ass in gear but here I sit messing around with this damn laptop.

As a warning to others: NEVER BUY A REFURBISHED LAPTOP!

Short list of issues:
  • Wireless connects/disconnects intermitantly
  • DVD DOA
  • PCMCIA card won't even go all the way in the slot
Also, I hate Vista. I would not recommend upgrading to it until they have Service Pack XXV out. Srsly. Never had more problems getting software to work and it's all Vista.

I'm pretty sure they are going to end up sending me an entirely new laptop since this one has so many issues. I'm convinced that the wireless card is farked and that's usually built into the mother board.

I'm tempted to get a new larger hard drive and start a fresh install with Windows XP if/when they get me an operable unit.

Wish me luck... with dinner, then puter.

3 comments:

tsheets said...

Yeah, when you posted about issues yesterday....my first thought was "vista, there's your problem"..but I decided...just that once, to not be a smart-ass. :-)

Anonymous said...

wtf? Did you get some kind of special day-or-two-later Thanksgiving dispensation from Abraham Lincoln?

Turkey day is always on a Thursday!

wvapoker said...

SOrry to hear about your laptop problems.