Sunday, March 11, 2007

Loser, Winner & Loser

Loser

I donked out of the AIP PLO tournament but I was still feeling frisky so I headed to a ring table and signed up for a Turbo Tier SNG.

Winner


My recent results in the Tier SNGs have not been stellar. I was determined to win a token this time.

Full Tilt has started their WSOP promotions and one is for the WSOP Ladies Event. The buy-in is the same as a token. I intend to play that event every week until they stop having them (or I win one) and I refuse to pay the whole buy-in so you can count on finding me at these Tier tables on a pretty regular basis.

I picked a turbo Tier because I had heard they were easier to beat. I was a rock. I picked up a couple small hands here and there. Took out a small stack when I had KK.

I made it to the bubble on the final table - 6th out gets 14$ and the last 5 get tokens.

This hand came up:

Full Tilt Poker Game #1960263497: Tier One $8+$0.70 (Turbo) (14671649) Table 2 - 120/240 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:15:09 ET - 2007/03/10
Seat 2: WBill013 (1 285)
Seat 4: ibbadbrad (1 955)
Seat 5: silas22 (1 380)
Seat 6: CAPTAIN BEN (12 130)
Seat 7: FatedFlop (5 030)
Seat 8: kizzy (2 890)
Seat 9: gadzooks64 (2 330)
ibbadbrad posts the small blind of 120
silas22 posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #2

Holecards:
Dealt to gadzooks64 [ ]
CAPTAIN BEN folds
FatedFlop folds
kizzy raises to 720
gadzooks64 folds
WBill013 raises to 1,285, and is all in
ibbadbrad folds
silas22 folds
kizzy calls 565
WBill013 shows [ ]
kizzy shows [ ]

Flop:
[ ]

Turn:
[ ] [ ]

River:
[ ] [ ]
WBill013 shows two pair Kings and Sixes
kizzy shows two pair Aces and Sixes
kizzy wins the pot (2 930) with two pair Aces and Sixes
WBill013 stands up

SUMMARY:
Total pot 2 930 | Rake 0
Board:
[ ]
Seat 2: WBill013 (button) showed [ ] and lost with two pair Kings and Sixes
Seat 4: ibbadbrad (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: silas22 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: CAPTAIN BEN didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: FatedFlop didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: kizzy showed [ ] and won (2 930) with two pair Aces and Sixes
Seat 9:gadzooks64 didn't bet (folded)


I know, I was an idiot to fold that but it worked out. I was in it for the token and no way was I going to be Bubble Bitch. No. Way. I was so glad I did when I saw the hands come up.

Long story short, I hung in there long enough to get my token!

Wooooooot!

Loser

The in-laws took us to dinner last night before Drunken Euchre. I had a glass of wine with dinner which I don't normally do.

I pack my bottle of Margarita's (ole!) and head over to neighbor's house for Drunken Euchre!

I could do nothing right. So I might as well drink!

I dealt myself a red loner with a black upcard. UTG orders it up. I get nothing. I did that to myself TWICE last night. TWICE!

My score sheet looked like this: 1,3,1,6,7 = 18 points

The winner usually has something in the upper 30s or maybe even 40s, just to give you some sort of reference.

However, the loser of the night (me) receives a lovely parting gift: the buy-in is refunded.

I stumbled home with my last drop of margarita in a go cup happy with my break even adventure!

No comments: