Sunday, March 04, 2007

All in or Fold

Or mallinments as my buddy pokerzen at BTP calls them.

I was a regular player in Khan's All in or Fold private No Limit Holdem tournament on Full Tilt Poker for a long time. Then I got hit with a streak of the most horrible bad beats. I just couldn't bring myself to play it anymore. I boycotted.

Then, Khan mentioned something about trying No Limit Omaha for a change of pace.

Now THAT I might be willing to try.

After sucking out on Khan more than once last week I came in second place in the inaugural NLO AIOF.

For whatever reason, FTP didn't get this week's game changed back to NLHE so I decided I was up for another NLO adventure and talked PLO playing pokerzen into playing it, too.

Let's just say that one of us was bubble bitch and one us won... one of us was a huge LOSER and one of us - who had never played AIOF before - won it. Sigh.

Props to pokerzen for sending me back my loan and my buy-in! I like you $5.50 more now than I did before.

We were down to the bubble. I had a decent stack but the blinds and antes were taking their toll.

I think I regret folding this hand:

Dealt to gadzooks64 [Ts Jc Ac Qs]
skkbyers folds
jlzinck raises to 14,490, and is all in
khanwoman folds
gadzooks64: damnit
gadzooks64: I like this hand a lot
gadzooks64 has 15 seconds left to act
gadzooks64 folds
Uncalled bet of 13,990 returned to jlzinck
jlzinck shows [Ah Kd Td Jd] (Ace King high)
jlzinck wins the pot (1,450)

According to Card Player's poker odds calculator I was a small dog:


So let's examine my bust out hand:

Dealt to gadzooks64 [Ad Kh Tc Js]
khanwoman folds
gadzooks64 raises to 2,060, and is all in
skkbyers folds
jlzinck calls 1,560
gadzooks64 shows [Ad Kh Tc Js]
jlzinck shows [8c 8d 6s Ah]
*** FLOP *** [2s 9d 8s]
*** TURN *** [2s 9d 8s] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [2s 9d 8s 9c] [4c]
gadzooks64 shows a pair of Nines
jlzinck shows a full house, Eights full of Nines
jlzinck wins the pot (4,570) with a full house, Eights full of Nines
gadzooks64 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,570 | Rake 0
Board: [2s 9d 8s 9c 4c]
Seat 2: skkbyers (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: jlzinck (big blind) showed [8c 8d 6s Ah] and won (4,570) with a full house, Eights full of Nines
Seat 7: khanwoman folded before the Flop
Seat 8: gadzooks64 (button) showed [Ad Kh Tc Js] and lost with a pair of Nines

According to poker odds calculator I was a favorite, of course.


Bubble bitch again, sigh.

2 comments:

Hrbek said...

nh gg, bubbling is fun aint it. O is pry a weird AIOF game because virtually no hand is ever that much of a fave over another, unlike in HE.

first poster here btw. nh me.

jlzinck said...

I suck I'm sorry.

I had a 3:1 chip lead heads up and lost. NLOmaha AIOF is a worse rollercoaser than NLHE AIOF.

Meh