Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Chips & Cards

If you have learned anything at all about me by now, you should know that I'm a sucker for poker chips and cards.

Sucker.

Huge sucker.


My fellow effer Huck starting asking me about cards the other day and we sent links back and forth to each other about different ones.  He picked out what he wanted and I got to jonesing for some of these:

This video really did me in.


Sure enough a couple days later DTM, another effer, wants some new cards and I tell him to get these.  Hell, I tell him I want some too and I'll split the shipping with him.  Then I get a wild hair to ask my favorite poker supply store, Flaming Frog Poker, if they received in any of the 5k and 10k chips for my set since I had be told the last time I asked about it that they were expecting a shipment any day now but they never showed up on the website.
Guess what I got yesterday?  Woooooooooooot!

Man are those chips PINK!  I can't wait to see what the home gamers say about those bad boys, er, girls.  I love these chips.  They are 14g with a really nice sticker.  For about $150 you can get a HUGE set of them shipped to you.  Love these chips.

The cards are very nice.  I think they'll take a little getting used to since I'm so fond of the Jumbo Index 4 Pip version.  These don't quite have the same feel as the Cristallos.  Not quite as papery and a little slicker but still very nice.  I still think the Modianos are the best card for the money.

No comments: