Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ford GT

Once upon a time I was a car enthusiast.  For a long time, actually.

I even worked for one of the American manufacturer's after I graduated with my engineering degree.

I used to be able to name the make and model of a car by the tail lights. 

I was that good.

Not so much anymore. 

Every now and then something comes along that grabs my attention.  Like this bad boy:



This definitely made me take another look.  What a fine looking car.  Maybe I've become jaded by too many crappy, stale designs.  This is definitely not crappy or stale says the woman who drives a mini-van.  At least I don't drive one of those hideous new boxy Chrysler P.O.Ses.  Just saying.

So I had to drive around to the other side of the little beauty just to get the full effect.



A guy strolled by doing a look-see of his own as I was taking the second picture.  He was saying something to his girlfriend,  who probably couldn't care less, "Must be custom."  Yeah, custom.  The plate indicated that it was owned by one of the local Ford dealerships.  No surprise there.  I'm sure they are used to getting all these heads turning everywhere they go.

Well done Ford.  Well done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm more into bikes (those that come with an engine, I'm lazy). Yet sometimes a car turns my head around. Like a Viper, or this one.

Unknown said...

Ah ha! I KNEW there was more to you than that minivan!