Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Roccopalooza II - The Hammer

We started up the cash games five handed.  Of course we play the Hammer Rule: anyone who shows down 72 as the winning hand gets a $1 bonus from each player at the table. 

We hadn't been playing too long when I raise it up UTG with AQo.  FavoriteCharity (redubbed RoadHead for Roccopalooza, a palooza rookie) didn't take much time at all shipping all of his chips in the middle.  Uh, WTF!?!?!?  Now, I hadn't seen him doing anything really stupid so far but past performance is not guarantee of future behavior... blah, blah, blah. 

I hemmed and hawed before deciding there was no way I could fold this hand 5 handed 'cause that's how big a donk I am.  I wish I had had the presence of mind to say something like, "I didn't come here to fold" but alas all I could muster was a bland, "I call."

Imagine my delight when RoadHead flipped over:


An ace on the flop pretty much sealed his fate and, after all five cards were out, it was official:  I doubled up. 

The tone was set.  This is Roccopalooza and we were going to GAMBOL!

No comments: