Monday, March 09, 2009

Doll House

I have been a fan of Joss Whedon for some time now.  I came late to the Buffyverse - somewhere in the 4th or 5th season I was hooked.  I bought the entire Buffy series on DVD and enjoyed them thoroughly. 

While I wasn't a huge fan of Angel I did finally start to watch the spinoff series when it was 2 or 3 seasons in.  I became addicted to Angel as well and ended up buying that whole series on DVD, too.

I never did watch Firefly.  Well, until recently that is.  I tried once before to get into it but it just didn't happen for me.  I finally muddled through the first few episodes and got hooked on it.  Too bad it died an early death.


When I heard about Doll House I was intrigued along with every other Whedon accolyte.  As I watched the premier episode I knew it would be a little rough.  All first shows are.  I was still intrigued enough to want to watch the next one. 

While the first 3 episodes were entertaining I wasn't sure how well this was going to evolve.  I should not have fretted.  The fourth episode was pure Whedon.  It set the stage for a very complex plot arc to weave through the entire season.  I really do not care for episodic television where there is no overarching theme or conflict.

You can watch the past episodes at Fox on Demand.

If you haven't already, you should really tune in to see Doll House.  It will give you a very enjoyable ride for an hour or so and who couldn't use that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too dig the Dollhouse (and Buffy). We're pretty fortunate to have as much good tv as we do right now (Breaking Bad is back!!)

gadzooks64 said...

Holy Crap! Breaking Bad is on again????

I loved that show.

[heads over to favorite torrent site]

Anonymous said...

I'm not sold on Dollhouse, yet. Although, I'm a big Josh Whedon fan, especially Firefly and Dr. Horrible, I'm a little worried that the plot may slip into the Battlestar Galactica quagmire where every character turns out to be a Cylon.