Thursday, September 11, 2008

Work Work Work

For free free free.

I'm one busy woman for somebody who doesn't get paid much.

I do get paid by the handyman but lately his work hasn't been very demanding which is a very good thing.  With school starting up I've been working mostly for free.  Yep. Free.

Organizing the Spirit Wear order, starting up the Scrip ordering (done every two weeks, sigh) and updating the Parents' Club Website are time consuming.  Not to mention entering over 150 email addresses into the newly created gmail account.  But it looks like most of the hard work is over.

As if that wasn't enough, I'm also the President of the Homeowners' Association for my neighborhood.  Coincidentally, the annual meeting and picnic is this weekend.  It's NOT AS IF I HAVE NOTHING ELSE GOING ON.  Who planned this anyway?  Hmmm?  D'oh.  Yeah, that stupid social secretary of mine really needs to be fired.

I did finally take a few minutes to write up an agenda for this weekend's meeting and fired it off to the rest of the board for input.  We're expecting over 150 people at this shindig.  I'm not sure if it's a good thing but Drunken Euchre is Saturday night.  I'm definitely going to need it.

I used to park my laptop and my ass at the kitchen counter until I did a hostile takeover of the formal dining room table since there was more room and it was rarely used.  I'm getting sick of seeing all this crap in my dining room so I've decided it was time to buy an actual desk.
 
We have a formal living room that is used as a library with a rolltop desk and several bookshelves stuffed with TOH's collection of Sci-Fi and the kids' books. The boys have gotten in the habit of leaving their sporting equipment and their musical instruments in there as well but that's going to come to a screeching (did I mention musical instruments?) halt after I get this bad boy built. It's time for mommy to have a big girl desk. Don't you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one sweet desk. It looks like it could break the speed limit.

Hrbek said...

All I have in my head is "Over the Hedge" vis-a-vis the president of the homeowner's. Measuring stick to check grass lengths FTW.

Unknown said...

I like it...kinda looks like the one Virge got. I want to see pics of it set up.
DraNDead