Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

My mother arrived last Thursday evening and it's been go go go ever since.  She's in manic mode right after she gets here.  You would think we would have learned by now not to indulge her.  She never fails to wear herself out in those first few days then the rest of the trip is a disaster.

No different this time.  Shopped and shopped and shopped some more.  Then she gets a wild hair up her butt to build this dresser I bought for her room.  The next day she's complaining that she thinks she might have broken a rib BEFORE SHE LEFT HOME.  Uh, I don't think so.  There's no way she could have made it to the airport with her 50+ lb. luggage.  Just sayin.

Not long after her "I think I broke a rib comment" she's back upstairs building the matching nightstand.  Of course her complaint that 4 Tylenol and 2 Advil aren't doing a thing for her pain falls on semi-deaf ears.

Yesterday was Zooks97's birthday.  The plan was for all of us to go out to dinner to celebrate.  She'd been vegging on the couch all day but couldn't muster the energy to go out with us.  Bitch.  I swear.

Today is her birthday and she turned down a lunch with my very generous in-laws because she didn't feel up to it.  :rollseyes:  Tomorrow she leaves to visit my brother and his 2 month old daughter for 5 days.  That should be interesting.  I imagine the balance of her visit with us will consist of lying around the house too pooped to do anything.  Oh joy.

I thought about playing cash games at Fike's house last night but my stomach wasn't going for it.  On the way home from dinner I could tell I was going to commune with my toilet for most of the evening.  Yet more joy.

Based on the recommendation of Poker Girl in Vegas I downloaded and watched True Blood.  Nobody titillates like HBO.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.

5 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

yay! I'm glad you liked True Blood! You are correct - nobody titillates like HBO - I couldn't agree more.

CarmenSinCity said...

Do you ever play in any of the blogger games on Full Tilt? Like, the mookie or riverchasers??

I added you to my poker girls links :)

OhCaptain said...

My mother-in-law vegged on our couch for 3 months. I turned the heat off in my own house to give her a hint

BamBam said...

HAHAHA.....

I had to resort to moving West..... wait 'till she followed....
Then immediately moving back East to send my message.

:)

gadzooks64 said...

nPwnage of the MIL there BamBam!