Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to School

My poor mother.  She had me and my brother almost exactly one year apart.  If that wasn't torture enough we were different sexes.  Every year she had to shop for new school clothes for the both of us.  No such thing as hand-me-downs for us.

Luckily for me, I had two boys.  My youngest isn't terribly picky about clothes but the other one gives me fits.   Zooks97 constantly tells me he'll wear something in order to get me to buy it so that it can languish in his closet with the tags still on it until it gets handed down in pristine condition to his brother who will promptly spill food on it.  Zooks97's favorite complaint is that he has, "Nothing to wear that I like".

For the longest time, Zooks99 was able to wear the pants and shirts that were handed down.  This year, however, he's developed a belly, and hips to go with it, that are incompatible with the slims that his brother wore.  I submitted him to the annual torture test of trying on all the pants that came down to make sure they actually fit before the first day of school.  OMG this boy is going to go from size 8 to size 10 husky in mere months.  They are on the verge of wearing the same size shirts now, too.  Good thing swimming starts up soon. 

You should see the mountain of clothing that is getting sent to Salvation Army this year!  I guess that's what happens when you jump a size.

P.S.  Gotta love Google when this picture comes up in a search for "back to school clothes".  Who am I to argue?  School clothes sure didn't look like that when I was a student.  SFOBV.

No comments: