Sunday, June 01, 2008

No Sets Tonight

I got a ton of small pairs tonight and played most of them - some to a raise.

I called a smallish raise with my 44 but folded when the OTHER 44 HAND BET THE FLOP.

That's right. This guy bet the flop. His agg was a 6 over 21 hands.



No wonder I didn't hit a set.



Played in a home game today. I chipped up nicely when I flopped a straight; scored some more chips when I had QQ on a J high board. Then I went card dead. The few hands I did play I totally missed.

I ended up shoving my remaining 1000 chips in blind when I talked the other short stack (also with 1000) to go in blind with me. He showed 85o to my K9o. Unfortunately, the guy who got the majority of my chips when his QQ his a set v my AQ on a Q high flop decided to call our all ins with 44. The flop was 9x4. NH. GG. IGHN.

2 comments:

gordo said...

Jason Hall ended up winning. He sucked out so many times when he was all in. It took me a while to figure out that you couldn't bluff some of them off a hand. It worked out great when I hit.

I think they play a cash game there every Tuesday night.

gadzooks64 said...

At least they were a lot of fun.

I'd play there again.