Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by Short-Stacked Shamus.

7 things you probably didn't know about me:

  1. I was born in Frankfurt, Germany, to an American GI and his German bride after 4 months of marriage - you do the math. I lived in Germany on and off until I was 6. I'm told I spoke fluent German. I can understand far more than I am willing to speak. My mother moved back to Germany a few years ago after about 30 years in the U.S.

  2. I went to 23 different schools from kindergarten through 9th grade. I went to one school from 10th-12th grades and what a shock that was. I graduated 3rd in a class of 53.

  3. When I was a sophomore in high school Mt. St. Helens blew her top while I was a few miles upriver from there visiting a friend who lived on the Columbia river; we watched in awe as the smoke and ash drifted our way. Months later I was invited to fly to Seattle with a friend and her dad to see a Mariner's game in the King Dome. We flew as close to Mt. St. Helens as they would let us. It was amazing to see. It was also my first flight in a small 4-seater plane. Taking off from Sea-Tac at night was mind blowing.

  4. I was a cheerleader... the fat one. Enough said.

  5. I was the first in my family to graduate from college. It took me a while, I was almost 31 when I finally got my B.S.M.E. from the University of New Mexico. I met my husband while I was there. I was the A.S.M.E. (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) student chapter president and he was a professor and adviser to ASME. He's only 1.5 years older than me so don't get any ideas about the old codger with the hots for the young co-ed. Ok, don't let me stop you and your fantasies just know that it wasn't anything like that.

  6. I started this blog only because I wanted to post a comment on Columbo's blog and he doesn't take comments from non-bloggers. My friend T, had started one long before then and I would read her's and Hrbek's as well as a few others. I just didn't think I would have anything to say that anyone would want to read. It became apparently rather quickly that I couldn't shut up and forced everybody I knew to read my blog. I even resort to blog dropping at the poker table. Shame on me.

  7. Shamus said I wasn't allowed to say anything about BEING a bowler but I found a way around that. Last night I bought a new bowling ball - bet ya didn't know that! Wooooot! There's a good chance I might actually, you know, BOWL with it. Since I'm one of those people that tosses ball at pins... what are they called... hmmmm... oh yeah, bowlers!


P.S. I'm tagging: Khanwoman, Kent Hrbek, Macanthony, Post Modern Boy, and 1st Rule of Poker.

1 comment:

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Nicely done, 'Zooks! I had no idea you'd gotten a new ball . . . .

I'm serious about that Cosenza challenge . . . you can take him!