Monday, January 22, 2007

Home Game

Saturday night was Home Game night.

I made a few changes to the structure to give us a little more play at the lower levels.

Starting Chips: 2500

I allow one rebuy through the end of the 4th level. I know most people don't like rebuys but they are great for a home game; keeps the players in longer so you don't have someone waiting around forever for the second SNG to start AND it builds the prize pool.

I squeaked into the money of the first SNG, going out in 3rd.

The second SNG had 7 players. Only one player was out but we were past the rebuy period. I was the chipleader.

UTG pushes

Fold

Fold

I decided to call this with AT thinking that the SB and BB would probably just fold since they had been playing pretty tight. Imagine my surprise when SB says, "Ok, I gotta go, too." Oh crap! THEN the BB is looking like he's deciding between pushing and calling. He finally just calls.

So, my AT is going 4 ways with two all in. NOT AT ALL WHAT I PLANNED.

Flop: AJx

I'm all for checking it down but it's obvious the BB is thinking about pushing. There's a little table talk and he decides to push. At this point I'm committed to calling and fully expect to see a better Ace. I have a big stack and it won't kill me but I would really have rather played this HU.

The hands are shown:

UTG: 99
Hero*: AT
SB: mucks
BB: QQ

No help for anybody and I take out 3 players. SS player to my right says, "Look at that, I just made the money!"

So, as it stands I may have gotten the SB out if I had pushed but there was no way the BB was going anywhere with QQ.

AT v 99 is a good call for me.

AT v QQ not a good call.

Now I have a ginormous stack. I take a risk with A7 v 44 and hit a 4 flush.

Down to HU with player on my right. We play a few non-hands.

I pick up KT and I put him all in. He calls with K8.

Flop: xx8 T x

So I sucked out another one and take it down!

*Hero, hahahahah, hardly!

No comments: