Saturday, December 30, 2006

Poker

I've rekindled my romance with poker.

Oh, I know all of you players have gone through it. You play and play and you win or lose but you keep playing day after day month after month. And then it happens. You wake up one day and you're indifferent to it. Yeah it still feels nice to win a pot but you don't get that same rush you felt when the romance was new.

I've felt that way for a while now.

I've been playing mostly tournaments with a few sngs thrown in when enticed by friends to play.

But something was missing.

I've told people before that they needed to try new games, new levels, etc., to get over the boredom. I found myself on a losing streak that was pretty frustrating but I also knew that I needed a break from what I had been doing.

I started playing limit hold em again. The best part was that I liked it. Yeah you get sucked out on. And yeah, it's sometimes hard to bluff - but it can be done.

One thing I've not done much of is playing short handed. I just felt more comfortable playing a full table. I found the 1/2 6 handed Limit Hold Em tables at Poker Host.

I think I'm in L-O-V-E.

Check out these stats from tonight:

After just a few short sessions and a total of 140 hands I'm up about $80.

I'll definitely be playing those for a while.

Funny how little change of scenery can really make a difference, isn't it?

No comments: