Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pokerpalooza!


OMGWTF?!?!?!? I'm too old for this.

As many of you already know I went to Pokerpalooza - Indy this past weekend.

Pokerpalooza was a gathering of the FullTiltForum members that could make it to Indy for some friendly poker playing and general debauchery.

We arrived around 4:00ish. While the other half unloaded the van I contacted the two forum members that had already arrived. We hung out in the "suite" part of my room for a while then headed off to dinner.

Amish, Zooks (me) and Lynx

As soon as we got back from dinner we took over the "breakfast" area of the hotel lobby. The table was felted, adult beverages poured, and the cards and chips were soon flying.

Sly shows off his powerhouse hand - CBL!

Zooks, REVina, amish, and Lynx

Lynx checks out his hole cards

DTM - is he cute or what? He's available!

Asian! What's with the hat?

We don't know it yet but Mrs. Sly was going to kick our butts this weekend.

We played two full table sngs. DTM and Mrs. Sly decided to chop the first one. Zooks and DTM played the second one out since DTM had a huge chip lead he wasn't too interested in offering me a chop. I hope to get it all in with two live cards but I was DENIED!


K5>>>75, Pinche Rio
(board reads right to left in this case)

Those wild and crazy young people played a short handed sng after the oldtimers (me included) went to bed.

The next day found us all dragging a little bit. We managed to scare up a game after lunch.

Pretty soon it was time to start setting up the conference room for the main event - a $20 deep stack tourney. REV and IlliniFan did a great job getting all the stuff set up. Tables were felted and away we go. REV had invited a bunch of his local degenerate friends to play with us. We ended up with 27 players.

It wasn't too long before we had an all in!

Predator was playing fast and furious!

Predator's table lost the first 4 people if I remember correctly. He did manage to hit Quad As to double up but he was still pretty short stacked and ended up going out pretty early.

Squib and Lynx hanging to make the final table.

Sly shows off his stack.

Say it with me, Eddaaaay!

T bought me this shirt when she was in Vegas to play the WSOP ME.
She loves me!

Teresa (Pwner of Yoll) and Predator.

Carraaaay (soon to be a poker playa) and Eddaaaaaay!

Couldn't leave REV outta the pictures!

The Effers did make a nice showing for themselves. I think 7/10 final table players were from the forum. I'm pretty sure all the cashers were FTFers! Wooooot! Asian ended up bubble boy but a deal had been made while he was still a pretty large stack to pay the bubble bitch his buyin back. So after all that play he ended up even for the night. Amish ended up coming from behind and winning after a HU battle with Mrs. Sly! To be fair, it must be said that Mrs. Sly was slightly "handicapped" by that point in the evening.

As people busted out a loser's lounge sng was started. Since I didn't bust out soon enough to play it I have no idea who won it but there was a lot of exciting hands being played based on all the whooping and hollering coming from that direction.

A ring game was set up with the next 5 or so players to bust and it was filled up rather quickly. I played in that a while but I was pretty much card dead all weekend. I played one hand where I chased a flush only to end up doubling up Lynx with his set of 2s. I guess I was just in the mood to gambol!

By far and away the best part of the weekend was getting to spend face time with all the people that I "talk" to online. Although I had physically met most of the people before it was amazing - even the first time we met - how comfortable it was; not at all like meeting strangers for the first time, definitely like meeting long lost friends.

We're already working on a plan to have a Pokerpalooza - Vegas, Baby! We're shooting for May but maybe July would be better so we could catch some WSOP action at the same time. So if you are in Vegas and see a diverse crowd of people acting wild and crazy and thoroughly enjoying themselves screaming things like, "You have CBL don't you!", "Damn you and your Panger!", "OMGWTF, I've been dimmified!", "Man I wish DTM and Asian were here!" and "Man, we've gotta post that on the forum." then you know you IT'S THOSE DAMN FTFERS!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice, very nice. Sounds so good, I wish I had been there...hey, wait a minute....