Tuesday, October 03, 2006

How I became a degenerate

We all have our own unique story. It usually begins with, "I was soooo o oo o o oo bad..."

Like most of us I loved to watch poker on TV. They make it look so simple. So easy. So exciting.

I'm a reasonably intelligent person.

I love games.

I have a very competitive nature.

I should pwn poker.

Hahahahahahhahahahah!

For me it started with a trip to Las Vegas for my brother's wedding a year ago February. Aside from seeing the Penn & Teller show, playing poker was numero uno on my list of things to do while there.

I finally got to play some 3/6 limit holdem. I WAS SOOO O O O OO O BAD! LOL! No really. I got to play twice and lost a total of $100 or so. But I was hooked.

As soon as I got home I was online downloading poker software and signing up for an account on Full Tilt Poker. I started playing playchip. I WAS SOOO O O O OO O BAD! LOL! No really. But it didn't seem to matter because they were all SOOO O O O OO O BAD! LOL! No really.

Like any highly motivated and competitive person I decided to do some research. I bought and read several books on poker. Then I found some poker forums and blogs. I learned so much from all of these places.

I was itching to play real money poker but the other half said not NO but HELL NO! Being the resourceful (read sneaky) person that I am, I checked out these links I had seen posted in many places about InstantBankroll.com. Turns out these people were giving away FREE MONEY to play online poker. It was just the deal I needed. Sign me up. Ship me the money!

The only drawback to this was that I had to play at Party Poker. Not a site I care for very much but I figured I could clear the money and take it and any profits I made over to Full Tilt.

After I started playing at Full Tilt I found a table with an unusual name: fulltiltforum.com. Now that's a funny name for a table. After seeing it and playing there a few times I checked out the forum only to find a group of intelligent and very funny people who loved to play poker.

The forum was just starting their Tunry II season. The draft was coming up and desperately wanted to play in it. After playing the forum table and some careful needling I was chosen for a team.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

I've been reasonably successful playing poker. Given the legislation that Bush is about to sign, I'm not sure what the future of online poker in the U.S. will be, but I intend to play it as long as I can.

At least I can say I am no longer SOOO O O O OO O BAD!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good god, it's an actual blog -- 5 posting days in a row!

gadzooks64 said...

I've fallen and I can't shut up!

jlzinck said...

I <3 Zooks!!!