Thursday, October 12, 2006

Do you Yahoo?

Do you Yahoo!? I do. Or I did.

My morning routing includes firing up the laptop and checking out the entertainment news on my.yahoo.com.

But this morning... no my.yahoo.com.

No yahoo.com.

Hmmmm.

Everything else seems to be working.

Hmmmm.

gadzooks64: is yahoo working for you?
khanlady: let me check
gadzooks64: k
khanlady: yep
gadzooks64: crap

After having tried it periodically throughout the day I finally decided to call my favorite person at Mediacom: Mr. Tech Support. Yeah, I'm sure he was just as thrilled to be talking to me as I am to him. We have had a long tempestuous relationship - mostly hate/tolerate with the occassional grateful/indifferent.

My first clue that there was a problem was the 20 mins I spent goofing off while listening to the speakphone relay the recorded "your call is important to us" diatribe.

Mr. Tech Support confirmed that the residential customers were not able to Yahoo! today. He assured me that "they" are working on resolving this issue and commiserated with me because he, too, uses Yahoo as his homepage.

"They" better get my Yahoo! going again... and soon. I neeeeeeeed my horrorscope! How am I supposed to know if today is a good day without it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to yahoo once, but found that I prefer to yoohoo.

Ok, comment recorded, can we move on to the next blog, please?

Kate said...

I have no idea precisely how my horrorscope for the week was worded, but I'm pretty sure it included expletives and exclamation points.