Thursday, August 19, 2010

Netbook Down!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I bought my netbook last fall.  It was a deal that was just too good to pass up.  Turns out there was a reason it was such a good deal - many people were having serious issues with it locking up.  Knock on wood, I didn't have any of those issues.  I invested in a bigger RAM chip, a better wireless card, a car charger, an upgrade to Windows 7 and an extended life battery.  You might say I have a little invested in this bad boy.

I haul it around the house, around town, even around this country.  I take it just about everywhere that I can't or won't take my ASUS laptop.

I had one minor mishap when it fell off the side table on the front porch.  It survived with nothing more than a small dent in the corner and a missing cover for the front lights.  Phew.

Today, after spending some porch time with the dog,  I got up, grabbed my phone and netbook, then walked into the house.  I lost control of the netbook in the office and, splat, it was on the floor open like a book with the keyboard facing the floor.  It seemed to float gently down when compared to the last fall it took.  I flipped it over and snapped the keyboard back into place before I noticed the screen. 

It wasn't pretty.

Shit.  Shit.  Shit!!!!!!

I love this little netbook with its pathetic processor, bouncy keyboard and small screen. 

I found a replacement LCD on eBay for $76.  My local computer shop quoted $85 to install it.  After watching this YouTube video it is tempting to give it a try myself but, yeah, nevermind.  I'm totally paying somebody else to do it.



Yep, definitely paying somebody else to do it.


2 comments:

am said...

Lol, the amount of money you have invested the last 5 years in technology, you could have paid off your house.

gadzooks64 said...

Hahahha!

I don't know where you live but were I live that's a drop in the bucket!

And don't be hating on my tech! I'm just trying to support the Chinese economy :P