Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Duct Tape

Engineers LOVE duct tape.

Yes, we do.

And we aren't alone.

Everybody loves duct tape. 

I bet all y'all have some at home right now.

Today was a cold lunch day.  My kids are now old enough to make their own lunches.  Since we missed the first cold lunch day I made it a point to remind the boys this morning that they needed to fix a lunch to take to school or they would be stuck eating something they didn't like.

I purposely stayed out of the kitchen.  I didn't want to get sucked into helping them with their lunch business.  After about 10 minutes I wander into the kitchen trying to be all nonchalant but really I was spying on them.  The youngest was shoving his messy PB&J into a bag but the oldest, the oldest was working on his lunch BOX not his lunch.

I was forced to buy him a new lunch box sometime during the last school year because a friend of his had pulled the handle off the box.  By the time I got there he had already put several layers of duct tape on his old lunch box.  My not-so-little engi-nerd had fashioned a handle for his box out of duct tape. 



As soon as I got my camera out to take a picture of his masterpiece he knew I was going to put it on my blog, email, twitter and facebook.  I don't know who is prouder: him or me!

1 comment:

am said...

One of the true maxims of life: YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

Big props to son of nerd...looks niiiiice.