Friday, December 12, 2008

Eulogy

To my nearly departed son...

I just wanted to let you know how much I love it when you crawl into bed with me in the morning and start mewling about how you don't feel good.

I love it when you refuse to take your medication every day.

I love it when you lie to me about brushing your teeth.

I love it when you sit at the kitchen counter refusing my gentle suggestions to get your butt in gear before time runs out and then turn into a whirling ball of fury because you only have nanoseconds left to get your shoes on, teeth brushed and book bag together before the bus arrives.

If I could hate you more I would.

Now, go back and read that again replacing Love with Hate and Hate with Love.

For now, my son, you will remain only nearly departed. For now...

Rest in Peace

Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT was awesome!!!!