Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Tokens

A while back I was killing the Token Frenzy tournaments on Full Tilt Poker. I had Tier 2 and Tier 3 tokens stacked up.

I was having a little trouble turning any of them in to $ though.

I don't know why but I stopped playing the Frenzies - pretty much poker in general - for a while. I would play the Pokerslut Tour and Chimps but that's about all I had time for.

Now things have eased up a bit time wise and I wanted to get back into playing some more tournament poker. I fired up a $14+1 Token Frenzy. Snuffy railed me while I scored my token.

It sat there for a few days looking rather pathetic and lonely until today when I fired up FTP and looked around for a good way to spend my hard earned token. First I looked for an MTT to play but none were starting anytime soon. I trolled the SNGs and spotted a Tier 3 Turbo SNG about to make. As soon as 8 people signed up I jumped on.

I'm not a big fan of Turbo SNGs but I have found that people will often take absurd risks. You would think that this would not be the case when you move up in limits but, au contraire (French for "Get the Eff Out!"), the maniacs play all levels.

If you play a patient game and get a little lucky you can chip up enough so that you can sit back and watch the rest of them duke it out. I got very lucky in this sng and won a couple big pots early on. Then I picked up AA in the SB and decided to just min raise the BB cause I knew he was very aggressive and would probably just push on me. Well, he did, with KK! D'oh. Thankfully my AA held up and I coasted to the $.

It got to HU and I had about 40% of the chips. He proceeded to push at every pot while I was getting cards that didn't even add up to 10. At this point the blinds were killing me and I finally called his push with K9 only to see his AKc take it down. Can't complain though:

Full Tilt Poker Tournament #33352784 Tier Three $69+$6 Sit & Go NL Hold'em (Turbo)
Buy-In: $69.00 + $6.00
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $621.00
Start Date: December 5 2:14 PM ET

Dear gadzooks64,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place.
There has been $186.30 added to your account.

You have earned leaderboard points for this tournament.
To view your current leaderboard points use the link in the Cashier window.

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nh. gg.

tsheets said...

Nice! I hate turbos, except AIOF... :-)