Thursday, February 03, 2011

Next Phone

I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.  I think my in-laws are getting tired of hearing me say I want a new phone every year but they still include a nice check in my birthday card.

This HTC Thunderbolt phone is looking awesome!  My next upgrade isn’t until late March but this phone is rumored to be coming out in the next two weeks or less.  That’s ok though, I want other people to discover any flaws there might be before I buy one. 

I love my HTC Incredible that I picked up last April.  I liked it so much that I bought my boys each one for Xmas.  I think HTC makes the best phones out there.  Oh sure, Motorola and Samsung are making some nice stuff.  Motorola’s Blur interface doesn’t do anything for me and Samsung is dragging their feet on updating their phones to the latest version of Android.  I’m not inclined to buy a phone from either of them (although the Motorola Bionic looks amazing).

Rumor has it the Thunderbolt will go on sale the day after that other popular phone goes on sale.  I’m assuming Verizon wants something else to tempt buyers with if/when they run out of the other one.  I’m all for that if it means the Thunderbolt comes out sooner rather than later.  They better have stock when I my upgrade hits.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I think HTC makes the best phones out there.

My prior phone was an HTC 8925 and it was awesome with all the bells and whistles and a terrific keyboard.

gadzooks64 said...

I have had Motorola phones in the past. They weren't bad phones but the OS (Windows Mobile)was nothing to get all excited about.

HTC is the best manufacturer out there for updating their existing hardware. Motorola is right behind them but I'm just not as impressed by Motorola's interface or hardware.

Samsung better get their shit together or people will start hearing by word of mouth how they aren't updating software and just go buy something else. It is criminal that Samsung has sold so many phones without the latest OS and no plans for updates on the horizon.