Monday, October 11, 2010

Falling for Fall

In the last few days the Ash tree in my front yard has gone from luscious green to burnt yellow and is now spewing leaves all over my yard.  I guess that’s what happens after a few frosty nights followed by several 80° days.  My poor tree.

I guess Fall has finally made it here.  I find it hard to believe since I’m sweltering in my office even as the air conditioner is running. 

I can’t wait for Halloween - by then the weather is down right chilly at night.  I usually sit on the front porch and hand out candy to the kids.  I had to stop wearing my witch’s cape and making up my face after I scared the begeesus out of the little kids in the neighborhood a few years ago.  Maybe after they have grown up some they will be ready for my witchiness; by then it won’t require any makeup Winking smile.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Still hot here in Memphis, too. High today of 92, yesterday 94, ouch.

gadzooks64 said...

Yike, Mojo! I don't think I could handle that.

am said...

You know, I had a few snarky comments regarding your "makeup", but simply chose to remain quiet...because that's the kind of guy that I am.

gadzooks64 said...

Uh huh. I know what kind of guy you are alright.