Saturday, May 29, 2010

Retro Camera

I was checking out some vintage looking pictures that a friend has posted on her blog wishing I could do that.  Turns out she was using an app for her iPhone.  Well, as you know, I don't iPhone but I thought the Android App store might having something similar.  That's where I found Retro Camera.

Retro Camera is an Android app that mimics photos taken with one of four different camera types: The Bärbl, Little Orange Box, Xolaroid, or Pinhole Camera.  The effects of each are unique and very attractive.  All but the Bärbl let you choose between color or black and white.

That picture of Bebe on the trail was taken using the Bärbl camera.



I think the Bärbl is my favorite of the four types but not by much.  They all have their appeal.  Here is a test I did with the same subject matter just different changing the camera type.


Bärbl


Little Orange Box - Color


Little Orange Box - Black & White


Xolaroid - Color


Xolaroid - Black & White


Pinhole - Color


Pinhole - Black & White

They each have their own charm and personality.  I'm hoping to catch some moments with my boys this summer using the Retro Camera.  Our upcoming vacation to Oregon should provide me with lots of opportunities to use application.

No comments: