Friday, March 12, 2010

Straws



Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that straws have gotten smaller recently?

Even McD is guilty and they have historically had the largest diameter straws I have seen anywhere.

It is all about reducing cost these days and I supposed making your straw a smaller diameter allows them to ship more in a box and save on material costs but, seriously folks, I feel like I'm trying to suck my iced tea throw a cocktail straw. I'm not happy about this at all.

I first noticed this trend when my sons and I got a batch of bad Straws at Ch!lis. We had to ask for several new straws because they all had faulty seams and pretty much just fell apart in our hands. The server was busy running around giving everybody new straws. He eventually told us they had a whole box of them that were defective.

I guess this was to be expected what with all the hate for super sizing but I'm still not happy about it.

Woe be to Starbuck$ if they decide to follow this trend.  Just sayin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the smaller starws are more about reducing the amount of Soda one consumes in the dining room in order to keep those costs down.

It's probably a bit of both.