Saturday, September 26, 2009

Browser

HO MY GAWD.

I seriously overrated the computer intelligence of the average American.  There are days when I think I should start my own tech support business.  Based on this wholly unscientific survery, I'm not sure there's enough hours in the day to educate all those computertards.  I guess somebody should do a YouTube video series on basic computer terms and maintenance but name it something like "Angelina & Brad Have Monkey Sex" so people would actually click on it.  That would get their attention, however briefly.



5 comments:

Zerb said...

On the other hand, we really WANT the use of the web to be similar to using a car - while folk like you and I might be interested in knowing how the engine works, people not so inclined can still effectively use the tool without knowing any of that.

The lack of knowledge about the nuts and bolts just shows the maturity of the medium. Without that, the "next steps" in innovation can't take place, so in the big scheme it's all good.

MacAnthony said...

My mother still refers to case of her desktop computer and it's contents the modem. I'm not surprised by this video.

OhCaptain said...

Great idea for a blog post. I still think it's cute when my wife and kids point at the 'e' icon and just say "click on the Internet?"

Uff.

gordo said...

I've now bookmarked Angelina&BradHaveMonkeySex.com. Thanks

SirFWALGMan said...

Ya all retards. I do not think Tech support is a very profitable business unless your like affiliated with best buy or something. I guess you can do ok but having tried it a bit I found it was better for drinks at the pub then living on.