Friday, September 04, 2009

Bink vs Dink

Unless you're a poker player, and maybe even if you are, you are asking yourself, "Self, WTF is a Bink?  Dink?"

I was introduced to the term Bink by ComptonMasta, an Full Tilt Forum regular, awhile ago.  A Bink is that lovely, sweet smelling, delicious, sexy in an almost lurid way, little nothing of a card that hits your hand so hard your opponent will be blindsided into handing you his chips. 

A Bink is a work of art. 

Now let me introduce to you the Dink.  The Dink is that card that looks so pretty, so shiny, that you feel compelled to pay off a better hand just because you hit with the Dink.  A Dink is the hot girl that sleeps with you on the first date and gives you 18 different venereal diseases.

Here's a hand from the last home cash game I played in.  I'm Player 5.  Thankfully my second nut flush draw didn't hit.  Click through for the hand replayer.


Player3 is an aggressive player that likes to play a lot of hands.  He likes to play big pots anytime he thinks he has a big hand.  I have to wonder if this play didn't result from him being already a couple of buyins short for the game.  I guess I can't blame him for doing it knowing he might get called down light (ala Player6) because of his image.  I would have never played his hand the way he did but I'm sure I would have lost some money on that hand.

Now that you know what they are, would somebody please tell me how to tell the difference WHILE I'M IN THE HAND?

No comments: