Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall

There's a gentle drizzle coming down as the occassional breezes send dozens of ash leaves fluttering to the ground.

I have a front window view of fall this year.  My beautiful ash tree started turning days ago it seems and now it's already half bare - it's yellowed leaves lying stunned on my still green lawn.

Autumn is by far my favorite season: slightly nostalgic yet turbulent with color, wind, blazing sun and drizzly days.  I love the chill at night.  I love the hint at the winter to come.  I love the harvest of summer's bounty.  I love the settling in for the lazy time of year when you can blame the weather for your desire to stay home and do nothing.

I took several pictures of my ash tree over the past few days but only one came close to capturing what my eye could see.

 
 

11 comments:

Hrbek said...

Nice ash.

Hrbek said...

Polarizer filter ftw. :)

Hrbek said...

Here's a fake polarizer using Photoshop ... not as nice as your original, though. polarized

gadzooks64 said...

Damnit! Thanks for the reminder. I have one for other camera but not for the S6000. Need to buy one.

Not sure that would have made THAT much of a difference but it might have. I just wasn't getting the "right" shot composition wise either.

gadzooks64 said...

Thanks for the polarized shot.

Now, I'll spend the rest of the day playing "Which is better?", A or B.... B or A...

No, really. Thanks. :P

Hrbek said...

plus they're on dift. backgrounds so it's all off...

BamBam said...

No Really..... Nice ASH !

Unknown said...

I love the harvest of summer's bounty. Really? I think this may have just sent a few diabetics into insulin shock.

Dammit, I'm pissed I didn't get off the nice ash comment

gadzooks64 said...

Arthur you are such a cynic. Who knew?

Unknown said...

Who me? Nah, I was just overcome by the beauty of the moment. In fact, the moment elicited a tear unprovoked.

gadzooks64 said...

Liar. ;)