Thursday, January 21, 2010

Craptacular Day

Oh it started out decent enough, really, it did.

But it is amazing how fast the day can turn to shit.

I had a lunch date with two friends.  Beforehand I ran a couple of errands one of which was to order a new frame for some glasses that I had broken.  Turns out the technician was able to replace the frame with a frame in the store.  You might think this was a good thing - I know I did.  Until I realized that one of the arms of this frame were all dinged up. 

Lunch was fabulous.  We met a nice locally owned, upscale restaurant that just opened.  The food was fantastic and the company was as well. 

When I entered one of my lunch partners mentioned that I could hang my long coat near the door so I did.  In preparation for leaving I looked for my keys in my purse where I usually put them but they weren't there so I just assumed they would be in my coat pocket.  I commented as I grabbed for my coat, "How did my coat get all the way down here?", since I had hung it at the other end of the rack.  I put the coat on and check the pockets but no keys.  I put my purse back on the table and methodically empty it looking for my keys.  No keys.  I went out to the car to see if I had left them in there but it was locked with no keys in sight. 

Finally I went back in and took the coat off.  I looked at the label and sure enough it was the right brand and style but the wrong size.  It would seem that another lady had nearly the same coat and took mine home instead of hers.  Sigh.

I left my contact information with the restaurant staff hoping that this woman will figure out she has the wrong coat and return it to the restaurant.  I give this about a 20% chance of happening in the next day or so and 0% after that. 

The Honda dealer has quoted me about $150+ to replace the key and the fob.  A replacement coat is going to run about $120.  My delightful lunch with the ladies is going to end up costing me a small fortune.

But, that's not all.  I get home only to find that I have also broken my OTHER pair of glasses using the same snapping case that broke the original pair of glasses.  So now I have to replace both pairs. 

Then the dog puked on the carpet. 

FML.

No comments: