Friday, October 02, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing...

I realize I have been one lazy blogger again.  I blame the season.

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love the chilly weather, the turning leaves.  I have such a wonderful view from my window. 

So, what have I been doing instead of blogging?  Hmmm.  A little bowling, a little poker, a lot of bookkeeping for the Swim Team, some HOA stuff and dealing with my puppy.  Not a lot of anything in particular but enough to make blogging the last thing on my list of things to do.

Bowling has been picking up.  Still not where I'd like to be but things seem to be turning around.

I did the Take 2 offer on Full Tilt Poker and, of course, lost my ass.  I was playing .50/1, 1/2 and 2/4 limit poker.  I don't know what it is about the 1/2 tables but they consistently give me the worst beats ever.  After I had completed the Take 2 I went back to the .25/.50 PLHE tables and made some of it back but not nearly enough to have a profitable month.  As I have said before, losing sucks. 

I think I have finally given up on the home cash game I've played in for some time.  The stakes are low enough to be virtually meaningless to most of the players which makes it much more difficult to play poker.  It degenerates quickly into a flipping and/or chasing game with some very bad loose players and even sometimes with the players that you'd think would know better. 

After many, many hours, I think I have finally got the books for the Swim Team under control.  There's still more work to do: outstanding bills to collect, upcoming meets to pay for, but I think it should be pretty smooth sailing from here on out.

The HOA is going to have work on autopilot if no one steps forward to volunteer.  I'm so done with this by the end of the year.  Sooner if I can swing it.  I'm really surprised and disappointed by my neighbors.  Most of these people are successful professionals and they can't spare a few minutes a month to help keep this neighborhood up and running but they are more than willing to complain about anything and everything while expecting something to be done without any effort on their part. 

My puppy is a sweetheart.  I really do enjoy having him around but I was hoping my kids would be a little more involved with him than they are.  I'm sure every parent that has been suckered into buying their kids a pet has the same lament.  I look forward to the day when I can leave the house without guilt.  I have to crate him for now until he's completely house trained.  Some days it really puts a crimp in my style but so far it hasn't been too bad.  I can't wait for the time when I don't look around the house for presents he's left me. 



No comments: