Saturday, January 24, 2009

Epic Home Game

Yeah, I know I say that each time but it's true.

Each one is better than the last.

My BFF T and her Dick came for a long weekend visit and, of course, I'm going to throw a Home Game in her honor. I cajoled (not) Zerb to join us and we had already committed to picking DTM up from ISU for the night's festivities.

Zooks, Dick & T Enjoying This



From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
(not) Zerb

From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
DTM


From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
Zooks & Predator


The big surprise was Predator jumping in the sexay mini-van (yeah yeah, glass houses, stones, I get it) and heading our way at the last minute. He blames me for not telling him but the man never reads a word I say because he's too busy imagining my lips moving. Srsly. I kid you not. We're busy chatting it up on IM when I mention that he's still got time to make it here for the cash game followed by the tournament and more cash game. After berating me for not mentioning this to him, he was on the road about 30 minutes later. At least he remember to pack his toothbrush.

T and I were picking up DTM when we got Predator's Patron order. Great, where the eff are we going to find Patron and still get home in time to set up for the cash game? Luckily I have the best stocked Fast Stop a block from my house! Wooooot!

For the first time I invited the tournament players to the pre-game cash game. Several opted to show up and we had a great time... until Predator arrived. That boy sure knows how to work a table over.

He ended up sitting on my immediate left because that was the big blind for the next hand. Horrible HORRIBLE decision on my part. Alas, he decided to raise it up when I was in the BB - I woke up with AQ and shipped on his petite perky ass. He hems and haws and says ok I call after I said I have overs (I know his opening range a little too well). Turns out I had his QTo dominated! The door card was a T but the next card was an A! Woooooooot! Ship it biatch. Of course I proceed to double his newly rebought butt up with 88 to his QQ a few hands later. Such is poker.

I was up a buyin when the cash game broke. I had forgotten that I had not reinstalled or reconfigured the Tournament Director software and was scrambling at the last minute to get that setup. D'oh.

We were expecting about 15-16 players and ended up with 22. Yet another unanticipated hitch. I had to setup another table and borrow folding chairs from my neighbor but even so we got started maybe 10 minutes late.

The starting stack was a generous 7500 in chips and the structure was very slow. I allow only one rebuy after going broke up through the end of the 4th level; we've been averaging around 4-7 rebuys and had 7 rebuys on this night. I didn't have to rebuy but only because I managed to hit a one outter.

From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
Live poker is rigged!


That's right. I got about 1/2 my stack in drawing to one out. One. Dink. The case 7 hits on the river and Jack is going home early. I felt bad. But not for long. He did win my last home game so he can't really complain. Such is poker.

I get sent to the cash table when my 66 < A8o. I don't recall if Predator got there shortly before or shortly after me but life at that table was never the same again. One guy left in disgust - he wasn't having a very good night to begin with and Predator just drove him over the edge.

Predator is a professional poker player. He's used to much higher stakes. He played with reckless abandon... and hit mercilessly. He rivered more trips, flopped more two pair... in other words sucked out with the adroit skill of a professional luckbox. We've discussed his diamond encrusted horseshoe shoved so far up his perky ass that it may never ever see the light of day ad naseum on the forum. We [heart] our Predator. But we definitely [heart] him more when he's taking other people's money. Just sayin.

Fike and Toby essentially chopped first and second place. Toby's on a hot streak. He won another tournament I played in recently.

From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
Fike rocking my white trash sunglasses!
From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
Shane looks hawt in my sunglasses!
From Zooks Game 2009-1-17
Why, yes, I do have 6 pairs of them. What's your point?



Yes, there will be another home game.


Yes, you are invited. Don't make excuses like Predator!

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Sounds like a blast. Thx for the photos, they add a lot.

Six pairs of shades? Oh my.

Anonymous said...

I had a good time overall. The cards certainly didn't fall my way, but the beer did.

BamBam said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Well.... not the predator's azz part!

:)