Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bowling Brag

Zooks99 bowled his best game ever last Saturday and I was there to see it! He struck out the 10th frame! Wooooooooooooot!


My Baby is a Bowler!



As many teams do, we play poker as we bowl. You draw 2 cards for a strike, 1 card for a spare and 2 cards for a converted split. Some teams let you keep all the cards while others make you keep only 5 and throw away the rest. We only keep 5 but we use two decks so there's no reshuffling of the discards.

It can get a little exciting when somebody hits 4 or 5 of a kind. Last night I managed to get an open ended straight flush draw. Even with 2 decks I was drawing to only 4 outs and one was already dead - I needed either an 8c or a 3c and one of the 8s was already discarded.

I throw a strike and come back to get my two cards. I'm thrilled when I see 8c9c! Wooooooot I got my 8c!

Uh, HOLY SHIT!

I got a 9c, tooooooo!


Wooooooooooot!


My team is so happy for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are supposed to shuffle the deck before you play with it.