Monday, July 09, 2007

Starbucks

I've been meaning to make a post about Starbucks ever since I got back from Vegas but haven't managed to work myself up into the necessary frenzy. I came late to the whole Starbucks thing but now I'm an addict like the rest of you.

The first time I went to Vegas back in '05 [he he he] I was HUGELY disappointed that my Starbucks gift cards didn't work there. WTF? It's a STARBUCKS GIFT CARD WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T TAKE THEM AND YOU ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!?!?!?!?

Seriously. Don't even bother to take your gift cards with you cause they are worthless there. I guess the vig the had to pay to DA MAN was too much for them to stomach. :rolls eyes:

Nothing had changed when I was there for Vegaspalooza. Still no gift cards. Sigh. Good thing I had left my wad of them at home.

Yesterday the family stopped by Starbucks on the way home from REVina's Wedding. I was standing patiently in line behind a couple other people WHEN IT HAPPENED.

I said to myself, "Did I just see what I just saw?"

Yes. I did.

The younger woman taking orders at the cash register JUST STUCK HER MIDDLE THREE FINGERS IN HER MOUTH AND THEN TOUCHED PEOPLE'S CUPS and not just touched but ACTUALLY HAD HER FINGERS INSIDE THE CUP!!!!!!!!!

Uh, EWWWWWWWWWWW.

The next couple approached her and while she was helping them she did it TWO MORE TIMES ONCE WITH EACH HAND.

Grosssssssssssssssssssss.

When it was my turn, I leaned in closer to avoid anybody overhearing and said, "I'm sure you aren't aware you are doing it...." SHE DOES IT AGAIN! "but you keep sticking your fingers in your mouth and touching people's cups. I really don't think that's a good idea."

She got that Deer In The Headlight look. Kinda hard to deny you are doing it when you just got caught in the act.

We shared an awkward moment.

I proceeded to give her my order. She didn't even bother to offer to wash her hands!

Luckily she didn't stick her fingers IN any of my cups, but still.

I mentioned what happened to the man who was making the drinks [he seemed to be in charge] and suggested that she go wash her hands before taking any more orders.

Now, I ask you: What would you have done?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I woulda spit on my dollar and then handed it her.

But that's me.

gadzooks64 said...

Where were you when I needed you?

Besides, I PAID WITH GIFTCARD! Cause this was a real Starbucks not that Fauxbucks shit in Vegas!

Doog said...

I would have stuck her three middle fingers in my mouth and then...

Hah! Just kidding...

I really can't think of anything much more disgusting than that. I certainly would not have proceeded with my order, I would have passed on giving my business to such an unhygenic place...

Kate said...

I'd have given serious thought to freaking out.

But I'd probably have wussed out. We were at Pizza Hut last week, and the waitress was bringing sodas to the next table, and instead of using some complicated secret way of keeping track of the root beer, she put her nose down and SNIFFED each one.

I was stricken dumb. Which horrifies me more than the act itself.