Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring has Sprung

Finally.

It finally feels springish here in the Midwest. I'm sure the farmers were all wondering if winter was ever going to end.

It seems as if my plants went from dead to blooming overnight. I'm eagerly awaiting my tulips as I do every year. My only problem with them is that they don't last nearly long enough.



You might recall that we had some landscaping done last fall. It seems we have one winter casualty that will need to be replaced. Surprisingly the rest are all looking very nice. The mums may not have made it through the unusually harsh winter we had but they aren't that expensive to replace.

My rhododendrons have already started to blooming and attracted this little visitor.



My neighbor with the green thumb stopped by to talk about landscaping. She helped me with the trimming of my mums. I have no green thumb whatsoever. It's a miracle any of the stuff planted in my yard survives from one year to the next. I guess mother nature is far more resilient that I give her credit for.

No comments: